Sunday, September 6, 2009

Last Minute Mistakes

The sun glimmers through the window.
I am fully aware of the time.
The computer clock reads 7:03 AM.
To the district I must be at close to 7:30AM to make sure that I will be in class at 10.
Still confused how this second poem crept so slowly when its predecessor came so quick and sure on Saturday.
Yesterday was defined by face to pillow.
A strange feeling of exhaustion and illness has conspired against me.
Insane thirst and emptiness.
Perhaps breakfast will help.
But I, the single resident, have not yet gained the sense to select breakfast items.
So I will eat the wrong thing now, sugary and empty, and will crash even further later.
But, who can argue when they must have already been gone?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!